Monday, April 7, 2014

Weekend Finds

Sometimes, you find love where you didn't even know it was lurking!


I bought an broken orange laundry basket full of these Edward Mobley rubber squeak toys at an auction on Saturday. When I first saw these, I thought they were just ceramic figures. When I inspected them more closely, I completely fell in love. This was THE item to get.

They're dated 1960-1963. All four squeak and the three larger animals all have heads that rotate. The puppy and large lamb both have "sleep eyes" that close when they're tilted back. Unfortunately, Lambie's eyelashes have been a bit damaged, but she's still very sweet.

The puppy and kitty are going to go live in my trailer for now. I fall further in love with them every time I look at them. That puppy's cocked ear just slays me!

This is my "ugly lamp" purchase of the day.


It's a floor lamp that stands about five feet tall, I think. I love those hanging red globes! I really think this will be an easy sell. It's just so, so....SOMETHING! And if it doesn't sell? I'll find a place for it myself!

Linking up with Thriftasaurus!

2 comments:

Liz said...

I must have ugly taste, cause I like the lamp :-)

krissepillow said...

Can you clean the squeak toys? I bought one today.