Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Vintage Glamour

Remember back in the 80s and 90s when Glamour Shots were all the rage? You went to a studio, and they used a can of hairspray and a make up trowel to make you glamorous so they could take some delightfully awkward pictures of you.

Yeah. Here's mine circa 1994:


Try not to laugh.

So, fast forward 20 years. I'm driving home from work and I see a sign for a photography studio specializing in pin-up style photography. I love pin-up artwork. It's cute. It's glamorous. It's fun and sexy. I do a little Facebook research and discover that Aleycia from Eye Kandy Pin Up Photography has just moved her studio into town.

Roger turned 40 years old last month and our 16th wedding anniversary is this Friday. Those seemed like good excuses to have some fun photos taken of myself!


I knew I wanted to feature the bicycle that Roger built for me. And, I love how they turned out. 


Aleycia did my hair and make up, and she had a room full of outfits to choose from. Look at my hair! That hair made me want to weep. It was so beautiful. When she said, "What about victory rolls?" I nearly jumped out of the chair. "Oh, yes, please! I've always wanted that!"

The worst part of the day was having to take my hair down before Roger got home. This was all a big secret surprise, remember?

There is also a set of photos from this day that are for Roger's eyes only. (Okay, a few of my girlfriends have seen them.) Nothing that would disqualify me from the Miss America pageant, but you know, the interwebs don't need to know everything about me!


Roger was definitely surprised and pleased with his birthday gift. I think he was mostly impressed that I hauled that monster bike out of the house, into the van, out of the van, into the van and back into the house all by myself!

If you get the chance to do something like this, go for it! It's fun! It makes you believe in how beautiful you are. And it's definitely a better kind of "glamour shot".

1 comment:

http://www.uk-essay-reviews.com/ said...

You do look so summerish! I like the photos. You seem to sparkle and shine with your smiles. Thanks for the mood.
Cheers,
Lavanda